Sunday, February 9

Frozen-themed Birthday Party

 If your house is anything like mine, it's filled with the songs of Disney's Frozen pretty much around the clock!  So when it came time for my little lady's 6th birthday celebration, it was no surprise to me that she had Frozen on the brain.  Here are a few fun things we did...

Bag of "Olaf Parts"

I got cellophane bags and put in about 10 mini marshmallows, 3 pretzel sticks, about 20 mini chocolate chips and one orange sixlet.  You could also use candy corn or any other orange candy (for the nose).  The only thing I'd change is that next time I'll use 3 regular sized marshmallows and 2 minis (for his feet).  The kids all wanted to build Olaf and the little mallows were a little hard to get around the pretzel stick.  It worked great with 3 because they used one as the base and the other 2 for arms.  Click on the image below to use the tags.


Frozen Jello Ice Cubes
First of all, blue jello is officially the most delicious.  All I did for these was mix a few boxes of blue jello with the amount of water it calls for on the box to make jigglers.  Then I sprayed a glass 8x8 pan with cooking spray and poured it in.  Refrigerate jello to allow it to set.  I actually stuck it in the freezer because I was under a little bit of a time crunch.  Once jigglers are set, cut into squares and place in a serving dish.  Then place in the freezer for a few minutes to allow edges to form a lighter blue "frosty" finish.  So fun!  The kiddos loved these!

Snowman and Snowflake Cupcakes

Snowmen: make any kind of cupcake and frost with your favorite kind of white frosting.  I sprinkled white glitter sprinkles to give it a glittery texture.  Glitter sprinkles can be found at most party stores.  I used mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth and an orange sixlet for the nose.  Orange Mike&Ikes cut in half or orange jelly bellys would also be cute.

Snowflakes:  Because we already had blue "ice" I thought the cupcakes were a great place to add some purple to go along with the movie's color scheme.  I added gel food coloring to my white frosting to get this bright fun color.  I made the snowflakes ahead of time by melting white almond bark and placing it in one of these...


I used the end with the smallest completely round opening with no added textures.  Then I drew snowflakes on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.  Remember, no two snowflakes are exactly alike!  Place in freezer to allow snowflakes to harden completely.  After cupcakes are frosted but frosting is still wet, place one snowflake on each cupcake. Then I sprinkled more of the glitter to give it the fun snowy look.


I leave you with just one simple question... Do YOU want to build a snowman?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! These are really mouth watering. Kids had a lot of fun in the dessert carnival arranged by our society members. Beverages arranged were also great. Also the event venue Atlanta booked was affordable. Thinking to have such theme parties every month for entertainment of kids and of course us.

    ReplyDelete