Wednesday, February 12

Mango Berry Floats

How do you prefer your desserts - with chocolate or fruit?
 
You know, I just turned 30.  3 cheers for me!  (Hip Hip Hooray x3!) And as my 20s came to a close, I found my love of chocolate multiplying by the bajillions.  Is that a sign of aging?  I think it is.  Until recently, I found all the "women+chocolate=true love" quotes kind of weird but I have to admit that now -- I totally get it!  So if it is a sign of aging, it's a good one.  My grandma would be so proud of me.  I swear she loved chocolate more than air!  
 
All that being said, deep deep down, I'm still a fruit girl at heart!  These floats have to be the most refreshing dessert on the planet.  They are light and sweet with just the right amount of zing!  Even my hubby (who is definitely a chocolate/peanut butter guy) had them 3 nights in a row!  Here's how they roll:
 
 
Mango Berry Floats
 
Ingredients:
Raspberry Sherbet
Peach Sherbet
Frozen or fresh strawberries (chopped)
Frozen or fresh mango (chopped)
Frozen or fresh raspberries
Lemon-Lime soda (aka Sprite)
 
 

Chop your mango and strawberries in a food processor (or whatever other method you use to chop!).  Add one good sized scoop of each kind of sherbet to a glass and top with a generous spoonful of raspberries, strawberries and mango.  Pour soda over the top.  Mix with your spoon a little so you get a good mixture of sherbet and fruit in each bite.
 
Enjoy!  Oh - and really, I want to know.... what's your favorite kind of dessert?

1 comment:

  1. These look so yummy! I am definitely a chocolate girl. I remember when I was little wondering why grandma put chocolate chips in cookies. It didn't take me long until she and my mom brought mr over to the chocolate side. Keep up the good work. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete