Wednesday, May 7

Crock Pot Rice Pudding

I have been craving rice pudding like you wouldn't believe for the last couple weeks.  It's totally an old-person treat - I totally admit it - but I love it!  It reminds me of my grandma and of being a little girl picking out the raisins.  I kept thinking I need to find a good recipe for some that I can make in my crock pot but never managed to actually do it!  So this afternoon I pulled out my computer and started searching for recipes that I could make work. I casually mentioned to my mom what I was looking for and she jumped on board.  For those of you who don't know... she's an AMAZING cook.  I mean, come on, she was the Home Ec Sterling Scholar at Delta High School.  True story.  Go Rabbits!

Soon we (she) had concocted this recipe and it was brewing in the crock pot!
`

Crock Pot Rice Pudding

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Tb butter
  • 2/3 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups cooked rice
Directions:
Put cooked rice in crock pot.  Beat remaining ingredients together well and dump over rice.  Cook on low for 4 hours OR high for 2 hours or until desired consistency.  The point is to have the rice absorb the milk mixture so it's creamy.  You'll want to stir it a few times while its cooking if possible so it doesn't burn to the sides.  You may want to add a little cinnamon to it as well... I'm just a plain jane and like mine pretty boring!


And now I'm sitting here savoring the deliciousness.  And it's all I dreamed it would be... and more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment