Thursday, April 16

Chocolate Brownie Pie

Mmmm chocolate! The moment I realized I LOVE chocolate was the moment I became a woman. Like, I'm talking the moment I became ok with being referred to as "that lady" instead of "that girl". You would have thought birthing children and becoming a mother would have done it for me but nope... it was chocolate.  I just feel like it's such a "woman" food. Women love chocolate! Plain and simple! It's a well known FACT!! 



See?! Maybe I've been so set on this idea because my grandma especially loved chocolate -- although she liked dark chocolate too and I'm definitely going to need many more years of experience and maturity before I can appreciate dark chocolate.  As my 3-year-old would say: "it's bleh to me."

But I used to always opt for vanilla and fruity stuff (sometimes I still do)... So therefore I was still a "girl".  Young.  Carefree.  I may be sounding crazy to you but it's a valid argument, I swear. But alas, now I love chocolate. I think it happened when I turned 29.  Like literally that day.  Weird.

AND the other day chocolate sounded particularly tastey so I quickly whipped this up for a little dessert!  It is fudgy and chocolatey and delish!  Oh - and super easy!


Chocolate Brownie Pie

Ingredients:

  • 1 fudge brownie mix (and the stuff to mix it up!)
  • 1 large box chocolate pudding
  • 2.5 cups milk
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 3/4 - 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 8 oz cool whip
Directions:
  • Prepare brownies in 9x9 pan according to package directions and let cool
  • Once brownies have cooled, take a butter knife and slide it along all the edges of the pan and cut in 1 inch(ish) squares but leave it in the pan!  This is the "crust" layer and it stays in the pan but you just want it broken up for easier scooping.  I even took a small metal spatula and ran it under the pieces after I cut them up.
  • Beat cream cheese until smooth and add in powdered sugar.  It will probably be kind of dry but will be okay once you add the cool whip.
  • Stir in cool whip.  You don't want to beat this too much but you may need to use whatever you're using to beat it (I used my KitchenAid mixer) a little bit to make it a good consistency.
  • Spoon this mixture over the brownies, spread it out evenly and place it in the fridge.

  • Beat your package of pudding with 2.5 cups milk.  You want this a little thicker than regular pudding.
  • Once that's thickened a little pour it over your cream cheese layer.

  • Stick it back in the fridge!
You'll want it to set up just a little more before serving but 10 minutes should do the trick!  It doesn't take much!  


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment