Thursday, April 23

Parmesan Ranch Chicken Strips


Happy Shot Day!  You see, when I'm pregnant I get a shot every Thursday to help keep my baby inside as long as possible and one of the many awesome things about it being shot day is that it means tomorrow is the weekend!  Wahoo!  I just love having the hubbs home all day.

So to celebrate a great day.... here's a quick recipe for:

Parmesan Ranch Chicken Strips

The ingredients are few and they are things I usually have in my pantry and fridge.  You just need chicken + .......


Trim and cut 2 lbs chicken into small-ish strips.  It should give you about a dozen strips.  You could definitely use this breading on a full or half breast - I just like the smaller strips because I have little kids!  Set the chicken aside.

Combine and stir:
  • 1 cup bread crumbs (anything will work, including crunched up crackers or corn flakes.  I like panko crumbs because they are a little larger and give a little crunch)
  • 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tbs dry ranch mix (this is 2 packets)
To bread chicken:
  • Melt a cube of butter in separate bowl
  • Dip each strip into butter, then coat well with breading


Lay strips on a foil-lined cookie sheet or in a 9x13 pan.

Bake 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  You just want to cook it long enough that the breading gets golden brown but it doesn't dry out the chicken.

We had them with carrot sticks and savory baked potatoes.  I just sprinkle a little seasoned salt on the potato before I roll it up and it seems to give the potato a little extra flavor.

These strips would also be so yummy dipped in marinara sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment