Wednesday, April 2

Chicken & Waffles

This is a super fun dinner and I especially love it because it's so versatile.  It's pretty simple to put together but there's also the option of eating it separate - which is what my kids preferred.  They didn't layer it all up.  (but if you ask me, they're missing out on a yummy flavor mixture!)



Here's how I did it:

Chicken & Waffles:
  • Prepare waffles your usual way.  I used my Belgian Waffle maker so they were a little thicker.  
  • Bake frozen breaded chicken strips.  I personally prefer Tyson brand but with this you can use whatever floats your boat.  You could probably even just grill some plain old chicken breasts and slice it up.
  • Cook 1 lb of bacon
  • Mix together:  1 cup mayo, 1/4 cup syrup, 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • To assemble:
    • Spread mayo mixture on 1 waffle
    • Layer chicken then bacon
    • Spread may mixture on another waffle and place on top
    • Drizzle syrup over the top

If you haven't noticed, about half of my recipes on here have bacon in them.  It's a problem.  It's such a boy food but I LOVE it!  Moderation, right?  I actually don't cook with it every meal - I just happen to be sharing the ones with the bacon because they are the ultra delish ones!  But try this one out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment